Matter Commissioning – Roles and Basic Information
1. Roles in the commissioning.
|Commissioner||Device that carry out the commissioning processing||Matter controller/Mobile App|
|Commissionee||Device that need to joined into the fabric.||Matter devices/Nodes|
2. Information for commissioner to start the commissioning.
|Information||Device Discriminator||Vendor ID||Product ID||Passcode||Discovery Capability Bitmask|
|Size [bit]||12 Bit||16 Bit||16 Bit||27 Bit||8 Bit|
◦ Manual Paring Code → Digits Code
◦ QR Code Payload → Alphanumeric Code
◦ QR Code → Visual Image of QR Code payload and Scannable with Camera
3. Information obtained by devices joined to a fabric
- Instance name → constructed using the fabric ID(64 bit) and the node ID (assigned by the commissioner)
- NOC for the fabric it has joined
- Private Key for NOC
- ACL(Access Control List)
- Information about operational network(fabric)